Mandate and Activities
The mandate of KVK is Technology Assessment and Demonstration for its Application and Capacity Development.
To implement the mandate effectively, the following activities are envisaged for each KVK
- Conducting “On-farm testing” for identifying technologies in terms of location specific sustainable land use system.
- Organize frontline demonstrations on various crops to generate production data and feedback information.
- Organize short and long term vocational training courses in agriculture and allied vocations for the farmers and rural youths with emphasis on “Learning by Doing” for higher production on farms and generating self – employment.
- Organize training to update the extension personnel with emerging advances in agricultural research on regular basis.
- Seed Production.
- Resource & Knowledge centr.
In addition, KVKs produce quality technological products (seed, planting material, bio-agents, livestock) and make it available to farmers, organize frontline extension activities, identify and document selected farm innovations and converge with ongoing schemes and programs within the mandate of KVK.